Chester Ethical Hackers are delighted to be hosting their annual cybersecurity conference again this year – titled POP AX Conference 2018. This is a free event and is to be held in the Molloy Auditorium, at University of Chester’s Parkgate Road Campus in Chester. Doors open at 17:30, with our first presentation commencing at 18:00. The conference will run from 18:00 – 20:00, featuring many guest speakers and an interval for refreshments / networking in-between.
POP AX Conference is a joint venture between University of Chester’s Faculty of Science & Engineering, and the Chester Ethical Hackers society – as part of UoC’s Create Chester week.
This cybersecurity conference follows previous conferences held by the STEM society in previous years and is supported by the following organisations: The IET, University of Chester, UoC Faculty of Science & Engineering and Chester Ethical Hackers society.
A full list of speakers for this year’s conference is yet to be released; but already confirmed on this years running list is:
- Taz Wake, Managing Director of Halkyn Consulting LTD – delivering a fascinating presentation on some of the Cyber-threat hunting sessions he has carried out with many of his clients, as well as a general overview of some of the more common threats his clients are facing today.
- Simon Barber, Head of Technical Operations at IIS Limited – IIS Limited are leaders in Open Source Browsing & Evidence Capture, producing Long Arm – a platform used by Intelligence and Law Enforcement Agencies across the globe. Simon is one of the lead architects for the Long Arm platform, discussing the role of Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) in Cyber Crime.
- T/Detective Chief Superintendent Aaron Duggan, Head of Crime at Cheshire Police – providing insight into Cheshire Police’s strategy behind tackling cybercrime, and what the cyber-criminal trends are in the local area.
- James Kettle, Head of Research at PortSwigger LTD – delivering his demonstration… Turbo Intruder: Abusing HTTP (mis)features to accelerate attacks
This conference is open to students of University of Chester but also students from other educational institutions; members of the Chester Ethical Hackers society and the IET; as well as individuals from industry and law enforcement. The event in previous years has proven popular with individuals from local industry – with free refreshments available the conference makes for the perfect networking event.
There are multiple ticket options available – please order whichever ticket(s) are most applicable to you / your organisation.
- For organisations wishing to order more than 1 ticket – please select ‘Business (multiple)’ and you will then be able to order tickets in quantities of up to 10.
- For other educational institutions wishing to order tickets for more than 1 student – please select ‘Other Student (multiple)’ and you will then be able to order tickets in quantities of up to 30.
- All other ticket categories can only be ordered in quantities of 1 – you are however able to order tickets as many times as you need in the event you require more than 1 individual ticket.
For more information about the event, or any queries regarding tickets and ordering them online – please contact the Chester Ethical Hackers committee on firstname.lastname@example.org